Tate says Romania case against him empty

World

Published: 2023-02-01 15:35

Last Updated: 2024-06-21 23:09


Tate says Romania case against him empty
Tate says Romania case against him empty

Wednesday, Romanian prosecutors further questioned divisive influencer Andrew Tate over alleged human trafficking and rape, with the British-American national denouncing the case brought against him as void.

"There's no evidence in my file, because I've done nothing wrong. Everybody knows I'm innocent," Tate, surrounded by a slew of reporters, shouted after the hearing by Romania's anti-organised crime and terrorism directorate (DIICOT) ended.

"The matrix is trying to frame me, but God knows the truth," he said.

Former kickboxer Tate, his younger brother and two Romanian women are under investigation for allegedly "forming an organised criminal group, human trafficking and rape."

They are accused of coercing women into "forced labour... and pornographic acts" for "substantial financial benefits".
All four were arrested at the end of December.

Tate, 36, and his brother Tristan, 34, deny all accusations.

The Tate brothers both claimed their innocence Wednesday, with Tristan saying DIICOT prosecutors "have nothing against me."

Last week, a Bucharest court extended their detention until February 27, a decision which they are appealing.

Their detention could be extended to a maximum of 180 days, pending possible indictment.

"They want the truth to come out quickly," said Eugen Vidineac, who represents the Tate brothers, adding that they had provided detailed statements and collaborated.


Also Read: Tate brothers arrive at Romanian court to ask for release