Misuse of heaters causes 5 deaths in 24 hours

Jordan

Published: 2023-02-13 10:11

Last Updated: 2024-03-01 00:14


Misuse of heaters causes 5 deaths in 24 hours
Misuse of heaters causes 5 deaths in 24 hours

Over the past 24 hours, five people died in different parts of Amman, due to the misuse of space heaters.

The Civil Defence Directorate (CDD) told Amen FM Monday, that a man and his wife died in a gas leakage incident in Al-Nuzha area.

In a different incident, two expatriates passed away inside an apartment in Al-Adasiya area Monday morning, as a result of gas leaking from their heater.

Additionally, a three-year-old burned to death in his home in Al-Khashafiyat Al-Dabaiba area.

The CDD called on citizens and residents to use space heaters with caution, get them checked by professionals on a regular basis and only use them in well-ventilated spaces.