Published: 2023-02-14 10:43
Last Updated: 2024-02-25 16:39
Tuesday, a tourist restaurant was shut down "as a precaution" due to 19 suspected cases of food poisoning.
Jerash Governor Firas Al-Faour told Roya that the Jordan Food and Drug Administration (JFDA) closed the restaurant Tuesday morning after a number of people reported not feeling well after eating from that restaurant.
He noted that the closure decision was taken as a precautionary step until the results of the samples taken by the JFDA come out.
All cases were admitted to the Jerash Governmental Hospital and all, except for two children, have been discharged.
The two children are between four and five years of age, who are currently in stable/good health condition.
Faour warned citizens and residents to be careful when it comes to restaurant discounts and offers.