“Israeli” army says it approved plans for “continuation of war in Gaza”

Palestine

Published: 2024-04-21 20:53

Last Updated: 2024-05-29 07:45


“Israeli” army spokesperson Daniel Hagari. (File photo: Gil Cohen-Magen/AFP)
“Israeli” army spokesperson Daniel Hagari. (File photo: Gil Cohen-Magen/AFP)

Rear Admiral and spokesperson of the Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF), Daniel Hagari, stated today that the Chief of the General Staff Herzi Halevi has approved plans for the “continuation of the war” in the Gaza Strip at the IOF’s Southern Command headquarters.

The IOF said earlier that the “assessment of the situation and approval of plans for the continuation of the war” by Chief of Staff Halevi took place in the Southern Command HQ in Beersheba at a meeting attended by the head of the Southern Command along with other officers.

Hagari echoed what Prime Minister Netanyahu said earlier on increasing the military pressure on Hamas to bring back the captives held by Hamas in the Gaza Strip.


Also Read: Netanyahu vows to increase military pressure on Hamas


“We will fight until the kidnapped return home…We are working around the clock based on intelligence information to release the captives in Gaza,” said Hagari.

Hagari further claimed that “Israeli” forces completed operations targeting military infrastructure of Hamas in central Gaza. “There are forces operating inside Gaza all the time, alongside additional forces preparing for the next moves in the war."

The IOF have also targeted several Hezbollah sites in southern Lebanon - according to Hagari.


Also Read: US to sanction “Israeli” army battalion over human rights violations


Earlier today, the IOF has announced the death of a soldier after sustaining critical wounds from a Hezbollah drone attack targeting the northern settlement of “Arab al-Aramsh” earlier on Wednesday - April 17.

Major (reserve) Dor Zimel, 27 years old, a deputy company commander in the Etzioni Brigade, from Even Yehuda has died today after being critically wounded in the Hezbollah attack - per the IOF’s statement.

He was evacuated to the Galilee Medical Center after suffering from a severe head injury that caused brain damage - the hospital later declared him brain-dead.

*Stay informed with our carefully curated content delivered directly to your inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive updates and in-depth analysis. Click here to subscribe.