International Court of Justice orders “Israel” to “immediately halt Rafah offensive”

Palestine

Published: 2024-05-24 16:31

Last Updated: 2024-06-25 02:11


International Court of Justice orders “Israel” to “immediately halt Rafah offensive”
International Court of Justice orders “Israel” to “immediately halt Rafah offensive”

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled Friday demanding that the Israeli Occupation cease its military operations in Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip “immediately”.

“Israel must immediately halt its military offensive, and any other action in the Rafah Governorate, which may inflict on the Palestinian group in Gaza conditions of life that could bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part,” the court said in its ruling.

The President of the ICJ, Nawaf Salem, said that “Israel” must halt its military operations or any other actions in the city of Rafah, adding that the court emphasizes the necessity of implementing previously issued orders.

The ICJ called on the Israeli Occupation to keep the Rafah Border Crossing open to facilitate the entry of humanitarian aid into the Gaza Strip, in addition to ensuring the unimpeded access of any investigation or fact-finding committee regarding the genocide charges.

The Israeli Occupation must submit a report to the ICJ regarding the actions it has taken during the past month in Gaza, President Salem added.

“Israel has not provided enough to ensure the safety and security of the displaced people from Rafah to the shelters,” he continued.

“The court finds that the situation resulting from Israel's attack on Rafah poses an increasing danger to civilians.”

The ICJ said that it believes any “Israeli” military action in Rafah will cause complete destruction in the region.

“According to the Genocide Convention, any additional action in Rafah could lead to partial or complete destruction… Israel must immediately stop its military offensive on Rafah,” the ICJ said in its ruling.